The Executive Director of Sydney Catholic Schools invites applications for the role of Family Educator based in the following Catholic Primary Schools, commencing immediately.
Location: Our Lady of Fatima Catholic Primary School Kingsgrove
Commencement Date: Immediate Start (Negotiable)
Closing Date: 25 September 2020
Capacity: 38 hours per fortnight (0.5 FTE)
Sydney Catholic Schools is responsible for the leadership, efficient operation and management of the systemic schools which educate around 71,000 students in 152 parish primary and regional secondary schools in the Archdiocese of Sydney.
We are currently seeking a Family Educator to join Sydney Catholic Schools across the Sydney Archdiocese. This pivotal role is part of the Family Educator Project and works closely with the Team Leader: Family Educator.
This position is responsible for building and maintaining welcoming school environments whilst ensuring sound, respectful relationships exist between school, parents/families and the parish. The myriad of quality initiatives, events and activities created and implemented by the Family Educator contribute to vibrant faith communities within our system of Catholic schools.
The Family Educator will primarily work in partnership with a range of stakeholders: the principal, parents, the parish priest and parish staff, the Religious Education Coordinator and a range of Church agencies and organisations.
As a significant contributor to the religious leadership of the school within the Catholic school system, the Family Educator is required to be adaptable, creative and able to customise their work to meet the specific needs of the community.
- Strong and active commitment to the practice of the Catholic Faith
- Experience in parish ministry, such as but not limited to Sacramental Program, Family/Children’s Liturgy, Baptismal Group, Prayer Groups, etc
- Ability to articulate an understanding of the evangelising and catechising mission of the Catholic Church.
- Ability to present church doctrine and scripture in the appropriate context of time, place and culture.
- Competency and creativity in initiating, organising and facilitating a range of opportunities and forums to connect/re-connect and engage parents and families with the religious life of the school and parish.
- Highly developed interpersonal, communication and presentation skills.
- Highly developed time management and organisational skills.
- Commitment to participate in and contribute to a formation program facilitated by the Sydney Catholic Schools Office.
- Demonstrates a strategic outlook and understands the school within the broader educational, ecclesial and communal context.
- Exercises refined project management skills to deliver agreed initiatives in a timely and effective manner
To apply for this position please email to the address below.
To complete the application process you will need to attach:
- Cover Letter
- Academic Transcripts
- Parish Priest Reference
For all initial inquiries regarding this position, please email email@example.com
WORKING WITH CHILDREN CLEARANCE
This role is classified as child related work and therefore SCS requires you to hold a working with children clearance to be completed upon acceptance of this position.
Our mission is to know and love Christ through learning and our vision is to foster thriving Catholic communities through excellent teaching.